Saturday, September 18, 2004

Settling in...

not much to report - just been getting used to the surroundings here in Batavia these last couple of weeks before my schedule gets crazy with school visits and college fairs over the next 2 months...I am REALLY liking this working at home thing - I am so much more productive than I was at the office at Augie and I also get to set my own schedule throughout the day...the best part has to be the dress code difference - instead of blowing money on new ties I have expanded my wardrobe to include more running pants, tshirts, and sweatshirts...life is good...

also a few words of advice...

1. NEVER buy a Volkswagen...we keep getting screwed by Jaimie's 2001 Cabrio - we can't wait until that damn expensive lease is up in February...

2. Starsky & Hutch sucked, Girl with a Pearl Earring was hollow, and Kill Bill Vol. 2 was entertaining...

3. read "3 Weeks with My Brother" by Nicholas & Micah Sparks - I know what you are thinking - Sparks' books are for women but his memoir was excellent (especially if you have a brother or a sister)...

4. ALWAYS check the gas tanks on a pontoon boat before you decide to drive the length (and back) of a 10,000 acre lake...we made it back to the dock on fumes but for a minute there I thought was going to have to swim for help...