Thursday, July 08, 2004

CA in June...

so we planned a free trip to CA for our anniversary - Jaim's Dad works in Freemont, CA during the week and flies home to Elmhurst for the weekends...this leads to tons of frequent flier miles that he graciously bestowed on us for a visit...the first couple of days were spent sightseeing with her folks (fun times, fun times) then on Sunday the plan was for her folks to drive us into San Francisco for a few days on our own to celebrate our nuptials (again - key word=free b/c of all my hotel points...our hotel was right in the heart of Fisherman's wharf-nothing like blowing all our points at once)...this should have been a short 30 minute trip any other day but this wasn't any other day...it was the day of the National Gay Pride Parade! so not only did this trip take us over 2 hours but we also had some GREAT scenery as we were stuck in traffic...I thought it was entertaining actually - the best part was the floats where marriages were being performed as they drove up and down the hills of San Fran...Jaimie and I were kicking ourselves that we never thought of that idea! all in all San Fran was a good time - I sort-of remembered my way around from band tour but we saw a ton of stuff I didn't see 8 years ago (holy shit - has it really been 8 years?) San Fran and CA were great to visit but I'm pretty sure I would tire of the same weather day after day - I like the changing of the seasons...in other news - we hit a deer 3 days before we left for CA (that fucker came out of nowhere on I-80 as we where going 75 mph...we are both okay - $7100 worth of damage to Jaim's car though), and the Cubs are really trying my patience - hopefully we won't be 9 or 10 games back after this weekend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home